10 Things you didn’t know about English:1. A Pangram is a sentence that uses all 26 letters of the alphabet.
example: “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog“
2. The most common letter and vowel in the English language is “E”.
3. Hazardous, horrendous, stupendous, and tremendous, are the only four words ending in “-dous”.
4. “I Am” is the shortest sentence in English that is considered complete.
5. “Ivory” and “Banjo” aren’t originally English. The English language borrowed words from about 150 other languages.6. “Strength”, the only 8-letter word that contains only one vowel.
7. The word “Boycott” is the family name of an English army captain in the late 1800s.
8. The first English dictionary dates back to 1604, written by a school teacher named Robert Cawdrey.9. An Oxford or Serial Comma is one that is placed before the word “and” at the end of a list. Example: today I drank tea, water, and soda.
10. The word “alphabet” comes from the first two letters in the Greek alphabet: alpha, beta.